Value Project Write-Up (1/2)

 This is the brainstorming and rough drafts from inside my sketchbook

 These are my two references used, one for the horse and one for the background.
 Bob Ross is my contemporary artist for this piece. His skill and ability to paint such beautiful landscapes is part of what inspired me to create this piece. I wanted the pencil to look almost like a graphite version of something he would paint. 
DaVinci is my master artist for this piece. I've always loved DaVinci's artwork. Though there are no human faces in my piece like what DaVinci would normally paint, his realism is my inspiration. I've always really liked realism and tonal value but i especially like it on organic forms like humans or animals, so thats why I like DaVincis work and thats how his work inspired this piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Value Project Write-Up (2/2) - Horse in the Mountains

Visual Narrative Project - Kolesa